Thursday 23 August 2007

Sleepless in Sepakat

I currently look like an owl. When i say this i mean tat there are similarities between your average owl and me - most striking are the big black eyes. Yup that's right i have serious dark circles not as bad as a panda's but close enough to an owl.

This is partly due to my sleepless state most nights since King Bubbles went away. I miss him but it isn't that that makes me an nocturnal creature. I essentially live in fear of being robbed/assaulted etc in my own home so i sleep lightly and listen for sounds. I end up awake for most part of the night wondering if intruders will kill my loyal subject to get to the loot in the palace. Why am i so paranoid?

Well...it all started with my neighbour claiming that his maid saw an indian fellow on my premise. He claims that she saw him climb over my fence. That's one. Another issue is that my alarm system is broken and has been totally removed for repairs. So now i cannot even see the sensors on the upper floors and will not be able to tell if there is an intruder. Not that i can do much except hide and that makes me worry about my pooches upstairs and this constant worry and paranoia makes me sleepless in Sepakat. Now that my King is climbing some godforsaken hill in tibet with his mates - i have lost my only protector.

My only solution to a good nights' sleep (this is epitomized by my snoring deeply, gurgling saliva or sucking it back in during my down time) is for hubby to return as soon as he can.

So what do i do in my sleepless state? I blog, I read, I sudoku...and eventually my eyelids become heavy and i pray that the fatigue will give me what i desperately need - SLEEP!
Like it is now.So i'm gonna bid my blog adieu till later tonight!!
~Queen Bubbles~

1 comment:

Asther said...

Sounds familiar... I just don't like sleeping alone. Be it at home or elsewhere. Funny, huh? When taking into consideration dat I travel a lot. But I'm learning to relax more since I moved to my current apartment. As they offer better security measures & my future-in-laws are just 1 floor down. Plus darling don't travel as much as I do... Good!

Call me lar if u need someone 2 talk/hang-out/having sleep-overs. ;)

Poppet

Poppet
gimme sexy...oh yeah!