Tuesday 13 January 2009

2009 New New Year Resolution

Man...what a day... It all started off well and it ended well but everything in between was crap.
I have already made my new year's resolutions for 2009. It's all a big secret - i think that if i tell people about it then i probably won't stick to it and of course it would be less embarrassing if i didn't manage to stick to it....

I added one more after today's events...in between the good start and the good end. It was just after lunch and i usually have a bit of a walkabout after consuming any meal to facilitate bowel movements...I'm quite a good regular pooher. I could pooh for our country at the pooh olympics and probably take home gold in many different categories...anyway...i digress.

As with most walkabouts...it usually ends with an urgent need to fulfil the purpose of the walkabout. Did you understand that? hahaha...

I proceeded to my spanking new office - renovation just completed. Now only left to furnish the lounging area at the back and set up a training lab. So simple right...one sentence equates to many many very tedious tasks. Anyway, i digress again...back to the story. So i made it back there and wanted to go to the pooh throne for some much needed release when i realized that there wasn't any toilet paper. As i started to walk out to the store to sort out this dreadful toilet paperless situation in my time of urgent need (I literally had a turtle's head sticking out of my ....) I heard sounds of a leak...so i tested the flush mechanism on the toilet to see if it had been caught (this is a common occurence in this particular toilet).

Anyone who knows anything about toilets and flushing mechanism - it would be me - can tell when the sistern is empty or full by the pressure needed to deploy a flush. As I tested the flush, i knew instantly that it was empty...So it I thought...the bloody tap must be off...the bloody contractors forgot to turn the main tap back on. SO i proceeded to turn the tap on, planning on multitasking like a good woman should - fill the sistern while i go get toilet paper so that sistern is full by the time i need a flush....

Stepping out of the toilet, I heard running water in my lounge...my spanking new lounge...so i rushed in and found a wave coming from the pantry sink (apparently not water tight) flowing onto my spanky new carpet...making it a soggy new carpet...

Crying out an expletive.. i rushed back into the toilet and turned off the main tap...went back to my soggy new lounge and looked on in despair as the water just kept pouring onto the carpet and eventually slowing to a drip...

Running for the paper towels i started to soak up as much water as i could...silently cursing the moronic contractor who did not think to mention to us as we are working at setting up the office (that we might use the toilet) to not turn the tap on. Crazy! Crazy Crazy!

So i worked for almost 3 hours to dry my soggy new carpet and i'm proud to say that after 3 hours of back breaking work my soggy new carpet has become an almost dry spanking new carpet again. I can only pray that the mold stays away. So my new New Year's resolution is "NOT TO FLOOD ANYWHERE OR ANYTHING FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR - THAT INCLUDES NICE SPANKING NEW LOUNGES, OFFICES, CAMERAS ETC..."

Think this might be the first resolution that i might just be able to keep! ;)

1 comment:

Momto5 said...

So looks like you didn't get to poo after all eh?

Are you coming down here for CNY???

Poppet

Poppet
gimme sexy...oh yeah!